Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Chinese Counterpart

Hello, hello!  Along with this assignment to send writing to our Chinese counterparts. I believe I have gained two new friends, there names are Daisy and Anne and both are very lovely people. In my replying letter I asked if they had another platform that they preferred to chat on, and both said that they liked WeChat, so Tuesday this week I chatted with Daisy, and early Wednesday morning. This has been a very cool experience and I am glad that got to take this class. Of course the fact that we are 13hr behind does put a damper on the times we can speak to each other without disturbing our sleeping hours. Both of my counterparts, are some of the nicest people I have met, even though there English is a little bad, I understand basically what they are saying. Daisy sent me pictures Saturday of some of the flowers blooming there and she was very excited about the kites being flown. I sent her a photo of me when I was maybe in fifth grade (I think) my grandparents took my cousins  and I to Arkansas Hot Springs I think, and I held an alligator baby ( with its mouth taped) and Daisy called me a ‘Very brave girl.’ We also talked about music we liked and I looked up one of her favorite songs and she told me <<Growl>> by EXO I listened to it and I really had no clue what was being said, but it sounded cool ,to me atleast.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you posted this, and especially glad you got Daisy and Anne as exchange partners. They do sound sweet, and isn't it neat to hear about and see pictures about people so far away! Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete